Robbie completed his banjo over nine days during the school Easter holidays, 2015.
- Lots of photos of the completed instrument are available at Flickr.
- Lots of workshop progress photos are available at Flickr.
- Robbie made a great job of the instrument. It plays well and feels good to hold.
- The neck is built from layers of hardwood; oak and various tropical species.
- He chose to fit a slotted peg head with a poplar veneer. He laser cut a stag head inlay for it.
- The rim /pot was brick-built from various hardwoods and turned on the wood lathe.
- Robbie chose to stain the calf skin with coffee, to achieve a deep brown colour.