Daniel completed his banjo over nine days during the school Easter holidays, 2015.
- Lots of photos of the completed instrument are available at Flickr.
- Lots of workshop progress photos are available at Flickr.
- Daniel made a great job of the instrument. It plays well and feels good to hold.
- The neck is built from layers of hardwood, including poplar and meranti.
- The peg head has a meranti veneer with a poplar inlay. He laser cut a skull motif inlay for it.
- The rim /pot was brick-built from various hardwoods and turned on the wood lathe.
- Daniel chose to stain the calf skin with coffee, to achieve a deep brown colour.