Scott completed his banjo over five days during the school Easter holidays, 2015.
- Lots of photos of the completed instrument are available at Flickr.
- Lots of workshop progress photos are available at Flickr.
- Scott was unable to attend the first week of the workshop. To ensure that he’d be able to complete an instrument, he was provided with a partly formed neck.
- Scott made a great job of the instrument. It plays well and feels good to hold.
- The neck is built from layers of pine, with a walnut finger board.
- The rim /pot was brick-built from various hardwoods and turned on the wood lathe.
- Scott chose to stain the calf skin with coffee, to achieve a deep brown colour.